Monday, February 17, 2014

Essence Party Crasher

Hi everyone, / Hoi iedereen,

As some of you might know, Essence recently renewed their assortment and have included quite a few new polishes. Today's polish is one of them. Besides this one I also bought three others; Jewels in the Pool (which I'm wearing on my toes at the moment), Laser Show and Bejeweled, all of which will be on the blog sooner or later :)

Zoals sommige van jullie weten heeft Essence recentelijk hun assortiment vernieuwd, waaronder ook een hoop nieuwe lakjes. Die van vandaag is er één van. Naast deze heb ik nog drie andere nieuwe gekocht; Jewels in the Pool (die heb ik nu op mijn teennagels), Laser Show en Bejeweled. Deze komen natuurlijk ook ter zijner tijd op mijn blog. Wel wil ik er even bij vermelden dat deze alleen bij een Kruidvat met een tweede Essence schap te verkrijgen zijn.




I present to you Essence Party Crasher. I had a little trouble getting the color to show up correctly, my camera kept making it blue... But after some messing around with the settings I managed to get the colors to show up decently. The first one is in the shade, the bottom one in more direct light. There is a lot of glitter in this polish and I got it mostly opaque in two layers. It felt gritty to the touch, so if you prefer a smooth finish I recommend one or two layers of top coat. Like all pure glitters, this one dried quick.
Funny thing though, when I was applying this polish I kept feeling like I've seen it before, so I dove into my stash and noticed it looked very similar to Color Club Tru Passion. So I swatched them next to each other and indeed, Party Crasher is the cheap dupe for Tru Passion.

Ik presenteer jullie Essence Party Crasher. Ik had een beetje problemen met het fatsoenlijk op de foto krijgen van deze kleur, mijn camera bleef het maar blauw maken. Maar na wat gekloot met de instellingen heb ik redelijk de kleur kunnen vastleggen. De bovenste foto is gemaakt in de schaduw, de onderste in meer directer licht. Er zit enorm veel glitter in deze lak en ik kreeg hem daarom met twee laagjes goed dekkend. De lak voelt ruw aan, dus als je een gladde finish wilt dan raad ik één of twee laagjes top coat aan. Zoals alle pure glitters droogt deze snel.
Terwijl ik deze lak aan het aanbrengen was had ik een gevoel van deja vu, dus ben ik mijn stash ingedoken en kwam tot de conclusie dat deze van Essence wel heel veel lijkt op Color Club Tru Passion. Dus ik heb ze even naast elkaar geswatchd en inderdaad, Party Crasher is de goedkope dupe van Tru Passion.

Btw, these are the first photos of my shorter nails. What do you prefer, my longer nails or these shorter nails? I'm kinda liking the length to be honest, since they now look nice with and without polish on them :)

Btw, dit zijn de eerste foto's met mijn kortere nagels. Wat vinden jullie mooier, mijn lange nagels of deze kortere nagels? Als ik eerlijk ben vind ik deze lengte mooier, omdat ze nu zowel met als zonder nagellak er goed uitzien :)

~Marlies

No comments:

Post a Comment